May 4, 2014

Weight Loss - Whole 30 Challenge - Day 7

I stepped on a scale today and was stunned to see that I've lost 4.6 pounds in 9 days. That's unusual. I know normal weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. I'm attributing this to cutting out white flour, all sugar, and all processed foods. I'm working out regularly, about 30 minutes a day. I'm really enjoying the strength exercises. I've underestimated the cardiovascular benefits of lifting weights. I definitely felt that today.

I'm not doing this challenge primarily to lose weight, but this is incredible motivation. I realize it won't be as dramatic moving forward as my body gets more used to this new way of eating. I'm still feeling really good and talking about this challenge constantly. It'd be more if I wasn't writing about it, so you're welcome, family and friends.

Nutrition
I went out to brunch with my family at an incredibly delicious and frustratingly popular restaurant. After a forty minute wait, I had a short beef hash, with fried eggs and greens. It was so worth weight. I had tea, cashews, and walnuts for a snack. After a House of Cards marathon, we ordered take out and I had roasted chicken and plantains for dinner.

Exercising
I did this Fat Blasting Total Body Strength Training and Toning workout and really liked it. It was challenging since I increased my weight and it definitely is total body. I'm going to add this one to the rotation more regularly.

Mobilizing
I like the before bed stretching routine--super relaxing.

Drinking
Two points.

Lifestyle
I got home too late and had an event in the morning. Zero points.

No comments:

Post a Comment