May 16, 2014

Busyness & Food Boredom - Whole 30 Challenge - Day 19

I need to make more food! You already know I'm knee-deep in a final. I'm nearly finished, but this has meant that the evenings after work have been packed: workout, final, eat something, quick blog post, sleep. I've had the work on my mind so much so that I woke up at 4:30 this morning and wrote yesterday's post. I'm getting bored of eating the same things over and over, but I feel too busy to really do anything about it.

During a break from strategic special education action plans, I went to Pinterest, looking for new things I can eat on this challenge. I found two very yummy looking options: banana pancakes and chia seed pudding. After a quick text to my paleo-knowledgable friend who is heading up this challenge, I got the green light on real maple syrup, which I'll need for both recipes. I hope after noon on Saturday I can make these. I'll report back.

FromAway.com

Domesticate Me


Nutrition
I had golden raisins, dried apricots, sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, pepitas, and cashews in a "high energy mix." I ate an apple shortly after and was starving by the time my bunless bacon burger arrived. I swapped the fries for sauteed garlic spinach, but it was just meh. I had eggs and more spinach for dinner. Snooze Town.

Exercising
I did the first round of Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack Abs. This was more than 10 minutes of a workout, so I still get two points. In obsessively talking about this challenge at work, many of us think we should earn more points for working out longer. A 40 minute routine really should earn more points than a 10 minute workout.

Mobilizing
In bed.

Drinking
Two points, not pints, NB.

Lifestyle
I'm getting into the editing phase with my final and I've looked at these words for too long. The five minute breathing break helped me push on.

No comments:

Post a Comment