June 26, 2014

1,500 Minute Challenge - Day 8

Somehow as finals creep up on me again for this summer semester, I have worked out for 403 minutes and 50 seconds. Don't take those 50 seconds away from me--I earned them! Eight days into my 30 day challenge and I'm +3 minutes and 50 seconds to meeting my nearly ridiculous goal of 1,500 total workout minutes. If this were golf, I'd have an eagle. I'm an eagle!


Source


I have done a great variety of routines and I'm feeling pretty smug because some have felt "easy." What I realize has actually happened is that my baseline fitness level is higher than it's ever been in my life. Cheerleader me at 17 years old has been surpassed and that feels really good. That cardio workout below felt like the proverbial walk in the park.


Bodyweight Cardio Calorie Blaster


Of course, I'm no where near feeling like a HIIT routine is anywhere near easy. I doubt it could actually be called high intensity interval training if it were anything but, well, high intensity.

I did this routine again and I'm not at double butt kickers yet. I'm still on four beats, but I feel myself getting stronger and I have much better stamina.


Barre Workout


If you're looking for something lower intensity, I liked the barre routine above. Tiny ballet pulses really burn during round two, as did the flutter kicks. Barre workouts seemed to explode last year--at least in New York--but I haven't heard much about them lately. Well, you can try a year old trend for free thanks to Fitness Blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment