June 1, 2014

1,500 Minute Exercise Challenge



So, it turns out I really like challenges. Different folks are motivated by different factors. I've found mine.

Unlike the Whole 30, this competition is just against myself. In the next 30 days, I'm looking to exercise for 1,500 total minutes. There are no strict rules. Any deliberate movement counts as exercise. I'll continue my love affair with Fitness Blender and start running more regularly. While I won't count a walk to the subway or a trip up a flight of stairs, I will count a thoughtful decision to go on a walk after dinner or playing a sport with friends.*

This works out to 50 minutes of exercise a day. That's a lot! I'm also in grad school twice a week, so on those nights I'll likely only get in about a 20 minute routine, if anything. I'm going to have to get creative.

Think about joining me. Your goal doesn't need to be the same as mine for this month. Perhaps you want to shoot for 500 minutes or something that feels like a challenge for you. I'll keep track of my progress here a few times a week. Come back and see how I'm accumulating minutes.


*I guess I should start playing a sport of some kind. Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment