April 28, 2014

Feeling like a F***ing Champ - Whole 30 Challenge - Day 1

Right. This is the honeymoon phase. Well, I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts because I feel very energetic. So much so, that I got two, count 'em, two short workouts in today. After each meal, I just feel full. I don't feel like taking a nap. I had a packed day and plenty of energy for all of it. I really hope this trend continues.

All of this energy is sans coffee. My wonderful grandmother got me hooked on a light and sweet version early in life. I love a latte, cappuccino, and other milky coffee drinks. I'm not quite sure if a straight cup of it black will be for me, but I haven't missed it since the soft start.

Nutrition
I had a bacon frittata for breakfast again. I was off to lunch with my family and had a grilled chicken breast hiding under a heap of arugula, and shrimp and broccoli for dinner. Mr. Crying Cook had brown rice with his dinner. I had strawberries for dessert and a cup of coconut mango tea.

Exercising
I ran 2.44 miles and used the app Rock My Run for the first time. I liked the mix that included [no judging!] Taylor Swift and Rihanna. I liked listening to the mix better than using Pandora because there's no need to skip or mess with my phone at all during the run.

I also did the 20 Minute Total Body Strength and Cardio Workout because... see the title of this post, son! 

Mobilizing
I stretched for ten minutes immediately after the run. 

Alcohol
None. Easy. Two points. 

Lifestyle
Since last week was just a soft start, our lifestyle goal actually continues to be 8 hours of sleep. I chose Game of Thrones over sleep. No points for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment