May 20, 2013

Shredded Chicken For Many Recipes

There are some really smart people on the interwebs. A pin on Pinterest suggested using a KitchenAid mixer to prepare shredded chicken. I took this one step further and used my crockpot to cook a bunch of chicken breast--making the whole process even easier. There are so many recipes that call for chicken, so why not make a lot of head of time?

Ingredients & Tools
  • boneless, skinless chicken
  • slow cooker
  • standing mixer


Cook the chicken on low in your slow cooker for 2-4 hours, depending on the amount of chicken. This should be "naked" chicken. Add the seasoning you need to the specific recipes once you're actually making it.


Allow the chicken to cool completely. Add it to the mixing bowl. There's no need for any kind of liquid.



Start at the lowest setting. The shredding took less than a minute and I only increased it to the third setting. This was so simple.

I used some of the chicken right away in my middle eastern salad. The rest is in the freezer for an easy weeknight dinner.

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I don't have a kitchenaid, so I just shred with two large forks -- but this is awesome. :-) yay for naked chicken!

    ReplyDelete